Re: [ANE-2] Contents of "Corpus of Mesopotamian Anti-Witchcraft Ritual" vol I

  • Parsa D
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2011
      The CMAwR does not contain an edition of Maqlu. The book covered many texts (like Ushburruda series) some of them with high number of parallels to incantations known from Maqlu. The authors divided the selected magical and anti-witchcraft texts into twelve groups in which groups (3-6) are scheduled for a future volume of CMAwR.  The present volume contains the following categorized texts:
      Group one: Prescriptions for undoing witchcraft (ana pisherti kishpi)
      Group two: Prescriptions to be used for bewitched persons (shumma amelu kaship)
      Group seven: Ushburruda texts
      Group eight: Ceremonial rituals for undoing witchcraft
      Group nine: Anti-witchcraft incantation within bit-rimki and related texts
      Group ten: Rituals against zikurudu and other special types of witchcraft
      Group eleven: Rituals in case of evil omens indicating witchcraft
      Group twelve: Diagnostic texts
      The book shows the painstaking work of its authors. It is really worth reading.
      Parsa Daneshmand--- (Tehran)