Re: [ANE-2] the journal History Research

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
      How much are they charging you to publish with them?

      --
      +++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
        lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
        towns.
        formerly of Chicago

      • Mitch Allen
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          This is fascinating. Looks to be a Chinese company expanding into the US. Most
          of their journals are in the hard sciences, business, and engineering. History
          Research is not listed on their website. Nor are any journal editors so you
          don't know who is reviewing your work.. And their publication instructions
          mentions a publication fee, you pay for your article to be published.

          I doubt that tenure committees will find publication in this journal
          particularly compelling.

          Mitch Allen
          Publisher
          Left Coast Press, Inc.
          1630 N. Main Street, #400
          Walnut Creek, California 94596
          925.935.3380 phone 925.935.2916 fax
          mitch@...
          www.LCoastPress.com

          ________________________________
          It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
          lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
          towns.
          formerly of Chicago

        • theodc25
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            Having looked through their website a bit more it seems as if they started with a US-China business journal and have added a number of journals in various disciplines.

            Owen Chesnut
            PhD Candidate
            Institute of Archaeology
            Andrews University