Re: the journal History Research

  • theodc25
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
      I have also been approached to submit an article. Their website seems slightly off, but it seems the journal is new and they are just trying to get started. If anyone else has any insight it would be appreciated.

      Owen Chesnut
      PhD Candidate
      Institute of Archaeology
      Andrews University

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, jgibson000@... wrote:

      > I've just been approached to submit an article of mine to a journal
      > called History Research.
      >
      > The journal blurbs itself as follows:
      >
      > > /History Research /is an international, scholarly and peer-reviewed
      > > journal (print and online) published monthly by David Publishing
      > > Company, USA which was founded in 2001. The journal tries to challenge
      > > the accepted disciplinary boundaries, and construct an open forum
      > > which is to further the understanding of history with open attitude by
      > > publishing articles of interest to historians and scholars of other
      > > related disciplines.
      > >
      > Does anyone here know anything about this journal? Is it reputable?
      >
      > Jeffrey
      >
      > --
      > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      > Chicago, Illinois
      > e-mailjgibson000@...

    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        How much are they charging you to publish with them?

        --
        +++++++
        Jim West, ThD
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
          lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
          towns.
          formerly of Chicago

        • Mitch Allen
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            This is fascinating. Looks to be a Chinese company expanding into the US. Most
            of their journals are in the hard sciences, business, and engineering. History
            Research is not listed on their website. Nor are any journal editors so you
            don't know who is reviewing your work.. And their publication instructions
            mentions a publication fee, you pay for your article to be published.

            I doubt that tenure committees will find publication in this journal
            particularly compelling.

            Mitch Allen
            Publisher
            Left Coast Press, Inc.
            1630 N. Main Street, #400
            Walnut Creek, California 94596
            925.935.3380 phone 925.935.2916 fax
            mitch@...
            www.LCoastPress.com

            ________________________________
            It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
            lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
            towns.
            formerly of Chicago

          • theodc25
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              Having looked through their website a bit more it seems as if they started with a US-China business journal and have added a number of journals in various disciplines.

              Owen Chesnut
              PhD Candidate
              Institute of Archaeology
              Andrews University