RE: [ANE-2] the journal History Research

  • Stephen Goranson
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
      Though the company may have been founded in 2001, History Research, according to Worldcat, was founded in 2011, and no member libraries report holdings yet. Perhaps you could ask for a sample issue, if available. Worldcat:

      History research.
      2011-
      English Serial Publication Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
      Libertyville, IL : David Publishing Co.

      Stephen Goranson
      http://www.duke.edu/~goranson

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        I have also been approached to submit an article. Their website seems slightly off, but it seems the journal is new and they are just trying to get started. If anyone else has any insight it would be appreciated.

        Owen Chesnut
        PhD Candidate
        Institute of Archaeology
        Andrews University

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, jgibson000@... wrote:

        > I've just been approached to submit an article of mine to a journal
        > called History Research.
        >
        > The journal blurbs itself as follows:
        >
        > > /History Research /is an international, scholarly and peer-reviewed
        > > journal (print and online) published monthly by David Publishing
        > > Company, USA which was founded in 2001. The journal tries to challenge
        > > the accepted disciplinary boundaries, and construct an open forum
        > > which is to further the understanding of history with open attitude by
        > > publishing articles of interest to historians and scholars of other
        > > related disciplines.
        > >
        > Does anyone here know anything about this journal? Is it reputable?
        >
        > Jeffrey
        >
        > --
        > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
        > Chicago, Illinois
        > e-mailjgibson000@...

      • Trudy Kawami
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          Any reputable academic institutions in Libertyville, IL? That might give a clue to their interest & orientation.

          Trudy S. Kawami, PhD
          Director of Research
          Arthur M. Sackler Foundation
          461 East 57th Street
          New York, NY 10022
          212-980-5400 X25
          www.arthurmsacklerfdn.org

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            How much are they charging you to publish with them?

            --
            +++++++
            Jim West, ThD
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
              lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
              towns.
              formerly of Chicago

            • Mitch Allen
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                This is fascinating. Looks to be a Chinese company expanding into the US. Most
                of their journals are in the hard sciences, business, and engineering. History
                Research is not listed on their website. Nor are any journal editors so you
                don't know who is reviewing your work.. And their publication instructions
                mentions a publication fee, you pay for your article to be published.

                I doubt that tenure committees will find publication in this journal
                particularly compelling.

                Mitch Allen
                Publisher
                Left Coast Press, Inc.
                1630 N. Main Street, #400
                Walnut Creek, California 94596
                925.935.3380 phone 925.935.2916 fax
                mitch@...
                www.LCoastPress.com

                ________________________________
                It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
                lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
                towns.
                formerly of Chicago

              • theodc25
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                  Having looked through their website a bit more it seems as if they started with a US-China business journal and have added a number of journals in various disciplines.

                  Owen Chesnut
                  PhD Candidate
                  Institute of Archaeology
                  Andrews University