SV: [ANE-2] the journal History Research

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
      I went to the home page of this David Publishing Company. They listed several journal, mostly related to China. The a warning popped up that the site is not safe.

      No word about History Research.
      It seems that there might be other companies of the same name (a David publishing Ltd with a UK address)

      Niels Peter Lemche

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        Though the company may have been founded in 2001, History Research, according to Worldcat, was founded in 2011, and no member libraries report holdings yet. Perhaps you could ask for a sample issue, if available. Worldcat:

        History research.
        2011-
        English Serial Publication Serial Publication : Periodical : Monthly
        Libertyville, IL : David Publishing Co.

        Stephen Goranson
        http://www.duke.edu/~goranson

        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          I have also been approached to submit an article. Their website seems slightly off, but it seems the journal is new and they are just trying to get started. If anyone else has any insight it would be appreciated.

          Owen Chesnut
          PhD Candidate
          Institute of Archaeology
          Andrews University

          --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, jgibson000@... wrote:

          > I've just been approached to submit an article of mine to a journal
          > called History Research.
          >
          > The journal blurbs itself as follows:
          >
          > > /History Research /is an international, scholarly and peer-reviewed
          > > journal (print and online) published monthly by David Publishing
          > > Company, USA which was founded in 2001. The journal tries to challenge
          > > the accepted disciplinary boundaries, and construct an open forum
          > > which is to further the understanding of history with open attitude by
          > > publishing articles of interest to historians and scholars of other
          > > related disciplines.
          > >
          > Does anyone here know anything about this journal? Is it reputable?
          >
          > Jeffrey
          >
          > --
          > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
          > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
          > Chicago, Illinois
          > e-mailjgibson000@...

        • Trudy Kawami
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            Any reputable academic institutions in Libertyville, IL? That might give a clue to their interest & orientation.

            Trudy S. Kawami, PhD
            Director of Research
            Arthur M. Sackler Foundation
            461 East 57th Street
            New York, NY 10022
            212-980-5400 X25
            www.arthurmsacklerfdn.org

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              How much are they charging you to publish with them?

              --
              +++++++
              Jim West, ThD
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
                lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
                towns.
                formerly of Chicago

              • Mitch Allen
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                  This is fascinating. Looks to be a Chinese company expanding into the US. Most
                  of their journals are in the hard sciences, business, and engineering. History
                  Research is not listed on their website. Nor are any journal editors so you
                  don't know who is reviewing your work.. And their publication instructions
                  mentions a publication fee, you pay for your article to be published.

                  I doubt that tenure committees will find publication in this journal
                  particularly compelling.

                  Mitch Allen
                  Publisher
                  Left Coast Press, Inc.
                  1630 N. Main Street, #400
                  Walnut Creek, California 94596
                  925.935.3380 phone 925.935.2916 fax
                  mitch@...
                  www.LCoastPress.com

                  ________________________________
                  It's a very fashionalbe northern suburb of Chicago, but the official website
                  lists no institutes of higher education there and mentions colleges in nearby
                  towns.
                  formerly of Chicago

                • theodc25
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                    Having looked through their website a bit more it seems as if they started with a US-China business journal and have added a number of journals in various disciplines.

                    Owen Chesnut
                    PhD Candidate
                    Institute of Archaeology
                    Andrews University