Re: Hittite symbols at Yazilikaya pt. 2

  • Phoenix
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
      The wikimedia picture is beautiful but it looks quite "cleaned up". It appears that someone drew scepters or wands extending down from the 'deus' symbol. (Deus - an oval oriented right to left length-wise, with a line or two lines dividing it in the middle.)

      The 'Deus' sign resembles a mask. Whether owl-like or Zorro-like, etc. is up to the observer.

      The symbols under 'Deus' are the deity names in symbols and/or hieroglyphic Luwian.

      Cheers,
      Demetria Nanos, Chicago