[ANE-2] Ebla digital archives...

  • Antonio Lombatti
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
      ... are online

      The aim of the Ebla Digital Archives [ EbDA ] database is to provide a digital edition of the entire corpus of cuneiform texts belonging to the Ebla Royal Archives. Texts are reproduced in the same sequence as in the individual volumes of the series Archivi Reali di Ebla � Testi published by the �Italian Archaeological Mission to Siria� of the Sapienza University of Rome. Compared with the hard copy publication, the digital edition provides harmonized transliterations, corrections and numerous collations made over the years by the team of epigraphers who cooperate with the Mission.

      http://virgo.unive.it/eblaonline/cgi-bin/home.cgi

      Antonio Lombatti
      Parma, Italia
      http://www.antoniolombatti.it

    • George Athas
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
        I think 'prefix' and 'suffix' are appropriate terms. When it comes to verbs, I distinguish 'subject prefixes' and 'subject suffixes' from 'object suffixes'. That way you describe the function of a particular suffix. I tend to use 'endings' when it comes to markers for gender and number in substantives (e.g.. 'the masculine plural ending'). This allows a distinction from 'pronominal suffixes' on substantives.

        GEORGE ATHAS
        www.moore.edu.au