Re: [ANE-2] Max von Oppenheim/Tel Halaf/Sculptures

  • Joseph I. Lauer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011
      The English language Der Spiegel article about Max von Oppenheim, by
      Matthias Schulz, may be accessed as follows:
      Part 1: "The Spectacular Life and Finds of Max von Oppenheim" at
      http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,741928,00.html
      Part 2: "Amazing Discoveries in the Desert" at
      http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,741928-2,00.html
      As noted by Dr. Braun, the gallery of photos accessible from the
      article's site is at
      http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-63988.html
      Joseph I. Lauer
      Brooklyn, New York
    • Mario Fales
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
        Thanks to Chuck Jones for the interesting bibliographical suggestion. On my
        part, I recommend the vast catalogue by Nadja Cholidis and Lutz Martin
        (Eds.), * Tell Halaf. Im Krieg zerstoerte Denkmaeler und ihre Restaurierung,
        * Berlin, Walter de Gruyter 2010, which was on sale at the Rencontre
        Assyriologique in Barcelona last summer, but is still reasonable at the full
        price of some 130 �, since it bears 500 pp. in A3 format with hundreds of
        b/w photos, maps, etc., and 131 color plates, as well as a parallel Cd.ROM.

        F. Mario Fales
        University of Udine