Alexander the Great

  • Joan Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hello,

      I edit papers for a certain person whose referee for one paper gave this
      comment:

      "Based on this, he builds most of his following argumentation against
      Alexander and for Antiochus, as well as the exact date and place of the
      encounter (p.14-20). Unfortunately, he also ignores the epigraphical
      sources, which are essential for all historical subjects. E.g. his arguments
      against Alexander the Great, that his name wasn�t used in Palestine before
      140/30 BC (p. 7) but the name Antiochus was, could (and should) be easily
      proven by looking at the (grave- or devote-) inscriptions of this time."

      Could someone please help me with finding some resources for appropriate
      epigraphical and grave- or devote- inscriptions? Obviously, we are not in a
      position to read these on-site at the graves...

      Thank you all.

      Joan H Griffith

      Love is when you hug someone as tight as you can... But you're still not
      close enough!