Re: [ANE-2] The donkeys of Karum Kanesh

  • Rafal Kolinski
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2010
      Dear Trudy,

      the most recent summary on the subject I know is an Appendix "Pack-Donkey" in:

      J.G.Dercksen, Old Assyrian Institutions, PIHANS XCVIII, Istanbul 2004, pp.
      255-86.

      best regards

      Dr. Rafal Kolinski
      Institute of Prehistory
      Adami Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland

      ________________________________
      From: Trudy Kawami <tkawami@...>
      Subject: [ANE-2] The donkeys of Karum Kanesh
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 7:56 PM

      Rummaging in my brain to answer a query from a zoological colleague, I

      cannot find a specific reference to the Kultepe KK texts that mention

      the "black donkeys of Assur" that formed the trade caravans between

      Assur & Kanesh. I would be most grateful if someone could point me in

      the right direction (other than north to Anatolia!)

      Trudy S. Kawami, Ph.D.

      Director of Research

      Arthur M. Sackler Foundation

      461 East 57th Street