Re: [ANE-2] The donkeys of Karum Kanesh

  • Robert M Whiting
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
      On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Trudy Kawami wrote:

      > Rummaging in my brain to answer a query from a zoological colleague, I
      > cannot find a specific reference to the Kultepe KK texts that mention
      > the "black donkeys of Assur" that formed the trade caravans between
      > Assur & Kanesh. I would be most grateful if someone could point me in
      > the right direction (other than north to Anatolia!)

      Look in CAD I/J, p. 113 s.v ime:ru f) qualifications. Plenty of Kultepe
      references to black donkeys but none that mention Assur specifically.

      Bob Whiting
      whiting@...
    • Emanuel O. Pfoh
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
        Dear Trudy,
        try
        -C. Michel, Innaya dans les tablettes paleoassyriennes (Paris: Éditions Recherche sur les Civilisations, 1991).
        And,   -M. Ichisar, Les archives cappadociennes du marchand Imdilum (Paris: ADPF, 1981).
        Best regards,   Emanuel Pfoh National University of La Plata Argentina

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2010
          Dear Trudy,

          the most recent summary on the subject I know is an Appendix "Pack-Donkey" in:

          J.G.Dercksen, Old Assyrian Institutions, PIHANS XCVIII, Istanbul 2004, pp.
          255-86.

          best regards

          Dr. Rafal Kolinski
          Institute of Prehistory
          Adami Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland