Re: how did ancient scribes write?

  • Charles J
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 10, 2010
      It does not matter that you don't keep ANE-2 messages Peter. Scroll down to the bottom of this (or any) ANE-2 message and follow the "Messages in the Topic Link", and there it is.

      By now you have heard from Bob, with whose comment I agree. But I also note the fine job Theo Van Den Hout does even though he holds the stylus that funny way!

      -Chuck Jones-
      Upper East Side, NY.

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@...> wrote:

      > No idea. I don't keep ANE messages, so i can't go look at it. If it shows the
      > scribe fleetly doing no more than touching the stylus to the surface, exerting
      > no pressure, and achieving the different angles by finger movement only, then
      > it's "right."
      >
      > I'm surprised not to have heard from Bob or from Chuck Jones. --
      > Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...
      > Jersey City

    • fdscalf
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2011
        Without reviving the entire discussion, the CDLI has just produced a video which is relevant to this topic:

        http://cdli.ucla.edu/tools/cdlifiles/movies/cdli_specialcollections.html

        Foy Scalf
        Oriental Institute
        scalffd@...