Re: [ANE-2] how did ancient scribes write?

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 10, 2010
      No idea. I don't keep ANE messages, so i can't go look at it. If it shows the
      scribe fleetly doing no more than touching the stylus to the surface, exerting
      no pressure, and achieving the different angles by finger movement only, then
      it's "right."

      I'm surprised not to have heard from Bob or from Chuck Jones. --
      Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...
      Jersey City

    • fdscalf
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2011
        Without reviving the entire discussion, the CDLI has just produced a video which is relevant to this topic:

        http://cdli.ucla.edu/tools/cdlifiles/movies/cdli_specialcollections.html

        Foy Scalf
        Oriental Institute
        scalffd@...