Re: [ANE-2] how did ancient scribes write?

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 9, 2010
      Steve Tinney made quite a nice one in the TV series *The Writing Code* produced
      by the late Gene Searchinger, which was shown on some PBS stations in 2008
      (Renee Gallery reported seeing it in SF) but was never scheduled for national
      broadcast. It can be purchased by educational institutions, but isn't priced for
      home use.

      (My scenes were done in various scenic locations around NYC a couple weeks after
      my mother died, in 2003, and it was good of Gene to keep me busy on two of what
      back then we considered very hot days.) --
      Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...
      Jersey City
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2011
        Without reviving the entire discussion, the CDLI has just produced a video which is relevant to this topic:

        http://cdli.ucla.edu/tools/cdlifiles/movies/cdli_specialcollections.html

        Foy Scalf
        Oriental Institute
        scalffd@...