Re: [ANE-2] how did ancient scribes write?

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 9, 2010
      We all look forward to your own video demonstration...

      On 9/9/2010 12:21 PM, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
      > Well, you don't _push_ the stylus into the clay, you just touch the clay with
      > the corner of the stylus. (And you may not need to _carve_ a stylus at all
      > -- Saggs identified a reed with a triangular core that could have served nicely;
      > although Bob Whiting has determined that the corner has a right angle rather
      > than an acute angle.)
      +++++++
      Jim West, ThD
      Petros, TN
    • fdscalf
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2011
        Without reviving the entire discussion, the CDLI has just produced a video which is relevant to this topic:

        http://cdli.ucla.edu/tools/cdlifiles/movies/cdli_specialcollections.html

        Foy Scalf
        Oriental Institute
        scalffd@...