Notification of Death Rev. Dr. Carl E. DeVries

  • fdscalf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2010
      Forwarded from Carol Noren:

      "I am writing to notify you of the death of a retired Oriental Institute faculty member, Rev. Dr. Carl E. DeVries, on Friday, September 3, 2010. He was my uncle, and was 89 years old. Dr. DeVries earned his Ph.D. from University of Chicago in 1950, and spent many years teaching, doing research, and working at "Chicago House." He was the author of numerous chapters and articles on Egyptological and other ancient Near Eastern subjects. He had to retire due to the loss of his eyesight in 1975. He is survived by his wife Carol, nee Creston, two sisters, and many nieces and nephews.

      The memorial service will be held on Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. at Trinity Evangelical Covenant Church, 9230 S. Pulaski, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453. Condolences may be sent to Carol L. De Vries, 7618 S. Cregier Avenue, Chicago, IL 60649.

      Yours truly,

      (Rev.) Carol M. Noren"

      (Posted by Foy Scalf, scalffd@...)