Re: [ANE-2] 3,500-year-old bracelet...

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
      I have no idea whether the bracelet is truly of the Late Bronze Age, but I also wonder how a pronouncement by a known antiquities dealer that it is a modern artifact made it onto this site. This object at least has the possibility of being authenticized as welll as coming from an ancient context! The type of comment by Deutsch is, so far as I'm concerned, flaming! In the instance of this bracelet we need not take some seller's word that one or another very expensive object that will bring the seller some astonishing profit is authentic, although the object has no known provenience. I, for one, would be loathe to attempt to heap shame on a colleague who has excavated the object and has no profit motive for promoting its identification as a true antiquity. Shame on the antiquities dealer who brings shame on all of us for selling looted objects that destroy our archaeological heritage!

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096