2011 AIA Annual Meeting Call for Papers - Second Deadline (August 6)

  • aiapnm
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
      Apologies for cross posting
      The second submission deadline for the AIA's 112th Annual Meeting, to be held in San Antonio, Texas, January 6-9, 2011, is rapidly approaching. Please note that no new Colloquia or Workshops may be submitted at this time.

      Deadline for Submissions: Friday, August 6, 2010 and Friday, August 20 (with $25 fee)
      The schedule for submission of sessions and papers has been revised from past years. There are now two deadlines. The first deadline was in March for all colloquia (including joint AIA/APA sessions), workshops, and any open-session presenters who require an early decision. The second deadline is in August and is for all other open session paper and poster submissions and resubmission of provisionally accepted colloquia. We have also implemented a two-week grace period for both deadlines. Submissions will still be accepted for two weeks following each deadline but with an administrative fee of $25.

      The full Call for Papers and submission instructions are available on the AIA website (www.archaeological.org/annualmeeting). Please be sure to review these instructions prior to submitting your abstract or session. All submissions must be made by means of online submission via the AIA website. All submissions, of course, must pass the PAMC's vetting process to be put onto the program. As with past meetings, all submissions must be made electronically. The online submission forms and supporting documents are available on the AIA website.

      * View the 2011 Call for Papers -http://aia.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10453

      * Online Submission Forms - http://aia.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10193
    • Antonio Lombatti
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
        ... found in Galilee:

        http://www.antiquities.org.il/about_eng.asp?Modul_id=14
        (temporary link with photos)

        Article here:
        http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138923?

        Antonio Lombatti

        --------------------------------------
        http://www.antoniolombatti.it
        Dottore il Storia della Chiesa
        Deputazione di Storia Patria
        Parma, Italia
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
          This is a poor and unprofessional classification of a modern 50-80 years old Bedouin brass bracelet as Middle Bronze Age 2nd millennium BC
          "Canaanite" artifact !

          This is outrageous and indicates the level of knowledge possessed by the
          Antiquities Authority so called "archaeologists".

          This is a Shame to the profession.

          Robert Deutsch, Tel Aviv
        • eliot braun
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
            I have no idea whether the bracelet is truly of the Late Bronze Age, but I also wonder how a pronouncement by a known antiquities dealer that it is a modern artifact made it onto this site. This object at least has the possibility of being authenticized as welll as coming from an ancient context! The type of comment by Deutsch is, so far as I'm concerned, flaming! In the instance of this bracelet we need not take some seller's word that one or another very expensive object that will bring the seller some astonishing profit is authentic, although the object has no known provenience. I, for one, would be loathe to attempt to heap shame on a colleague who has excavated the object and has no profit motive for promoting its identification as a true antiquity. Shame on the antiquities dealer who brings shame on all of us for selling looted objects that destroy our archaeological heritage!

            Eliot Braun, Ph D
            PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
            Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096