Re: [ANE-2] Re: C14 dating of Ancient Egypt

  • Ian Onvlee
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 19, 2010
      Hi Graham,

      I agree that this new C-14 study is once again not an independent study. The
      decission whether a date is an outlier or not is purely guesswork and relies on
      what is conventionally expected, hence circular reasoning. I have enough faith
      in C14-dates within a certain margin, say +/- 50-100 years, but I don't like the
      exclusion of so-called outliers to get the wanted results. They simply try to
      save face by doing so. I want to see all the results and decide for myself
      whether the data are sufficient to conclude anything specific.

      Regards,
      Ian Onvlee
      The Hague, the Netherlands