Alphabetical list of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
      [With the usual apology for cross-posting]

      Alphabetical list of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies

      In observance of Open Access Week 2009 (October 19-23),I first
      assembled an alphabetical list of all open access journals in
      Ancient Studies (with some hot pursuit forays into related
      disciplines) cited in AWOL (ISSN 2156-2253) since its
      beginning in January 2009. At that time the list included more
      than two hundred titles - a surprisingly large number I
      thought at the time. In a effort to make the List canonical
      and comprehensive, I began adding additional journals in
      groups of twenty. All of these have been accessible via Abzu
      (http://www.etana.org/abzu/) for varying lengths of time. This
      process offered me the opportunity to verify all the links and
      repair the broken ones. On February 17, 2010 the list reached
      six hundred titles, and the post date was updated. On July 7,
      2010 the list reached seven hundred titles, and the post date
      was updated again.

      I hope that users of the list will offer suggestions for
      correction of errors and addition of new titles in the comment
      field available at the bottom of the posting.

      http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/alphabetical-list-of-open-access.html

      You can subscribe to email updates to AWOL using the form on
      the right side of that page.

      -Chuck Jones-
      ISAW - NYU