10. Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (MICAH) OCTOBER, 28.-30th, 2011!

  • R.Lehmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2010
      There has been an error in the call.

      The 10. MICAH will be on
      OCTOBER, 28.-30th, 2011!

      I apologize!

      10. Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew
      Mainz, October, 28th � 30th, 2011

      Invitation and Call for Papers (1st circular)

      The 10th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (10. MICAH)
      will take place at Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany),
      from Friday, 28th to Sunday 30th October, 2011.

      You are invited to give a lecture, either a short paper (20 min plus
      5 discussion) or a full lecture (45 min plus 10 discussion), as you

      Topics cover the grammar and linguistics of Ancient and Classical
      Hebrew (Epigraphic and Biblical Hebrew, Qumran and related Hebrew,
      and Ben Sira), as well as studies of adjacent languages and
      epigraphy, for instance Ugaritic, Phoenician-Punic, Old and Imperial
      Aramaic, Moabite and Edomite. Also welcome are topics on general
      epigraphy, paleography, and general linguistics in connection with
      these languages.

      Depending on submitted papers, topics will be arranged into special
      sessions, within the following areas:

      Biblical Hebrew
      Postbiblical Hebrew
      Lexicography & Semantics
      Epigraphy & Palaeography
      General topics of Northwest Semitic paleography.

      Conference languages are German, English, and French. As we wish to
      avoid parallel sessions, sessions will be deemed closed when the
      optimal number of proposed papers for each are accepted. For this
      reason, if you are considering participation, the earlier you send
      your proposal the better.

      Postgraduates, or PhD. doctorate students are explicitly invited to
      present their projects where they might benefit from collegial
      discussions. Any one applying in this category, please indicate
      clearly your institution and supervisor.

      For participation, we request a fee of 40 Euro, which is due on site.
      For those who present a paper, participation is free. Active students
      can request the suspension of fees and it might be granted depending
      on the availability of funds.

      Please send paper proposals to the undersigned (lehmann@...)
      or to MICAH@... and indicate the topic (preliminary or
      working title) and the preferred length of presentation.

      While no formal pre-registration form is needed, for planning
      purposes, it is nevertheless important that we receive soon an email
      declaration of intent, at the above address.

      We are not organizing travel or housing arrangements, but will gladly
      inform you on available lodging near the University.

      For all questions and concern please contact:

      Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann
      Academic Director / Ancient Hebrew and NWS Languages
      Research Unit on Ancient Hebrew and Epigraphy
      Faculty of Protestant Theology
      Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz
      Tel. +49-6131-39-23284 (office)
      Phone and fax +49-6132-799873
      Email: lehmann@...
      Further information will also be available soon at

      In co-operation with:
      Dr. Anna Zernecke (University of Mainz)
      Dr. Johannes F. Diehl (University of Frankfurt)

      We look forward to hosting you in Mainz next year.