Photograph of the Tell Fakhariya statue

  • amizzoni@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2010
      Dear all,
      I'm looking for a photograph of the Tell Fakhariya statue (National Museum of Damascus). Unfortunately, the editio princeps is not available in my local libraries and is completely out of print as far as I know.
      The book I'm referring to is:
      Asaf, Bordreuil and Millard, La statue de Tell Fekherye et son inscription bilingue assyro-arameenne (Paris) 1982.

      I have access to the images published in CRAI and The Biblical Archaeologist, but they are unsatisfactory for my purposes. I wandered if anyone could send me a copy of a photograph both inscriptions.

      Many thanks in advance.

      Kind regards,
      Alejandro Mizzoni
      University of Buenos Aires
    • Antonio Lombatti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2010
        Austrian archaeologists located a 3,600-year-old underground city in
        Egypt, believed to part of the ancient city of Avaris, the capital of
        the Hykso.

        More at:

        http://www.timeslive.co.za/africa/article511496.ece/Archaeologists-find-3600-year-old-lost-city

        Antonio Lombatti

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2010
          It has 14 photos -- 2 of the Aramaic text (pretty much unreadable), 7 of the Akkadian text (fairly readable), one of the whole front of the statue, plus closeups of the head and feet.

        • Alejandro Mizzoni
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2010
            Thanks for the information. What I need is to take a look at the way
            the inscriptions are placed within the statue, so it doesn't matter
            for my current purposes if the texts are unreadable. A general photo
            of each text would be fine for me.

            Alejandro Mizzoni
            Buenos Aires

          • amizzoni@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2010
              Problem resolved; thanks to those who replied and contacted me offlist.

              Alejandro Mizzoni
              Buenos Aires