Re: [ANE-2] Like Women for Children

  • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
      Actually, this fits in perfectly for what I need. Thank you very
      much for the reference!

      -Stephanie

      Quoting itamar singer <singer_itamar@...>:

      > Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but have a look at the
      > Hittite Illuyanka myth, the second version.
      > Itamar Singer
      >
      > --- On Sun, 6/6/10, sbudin@...
      > <sbudin@...> wrote:
      >

      > From: sbudin@... <sbudin@...>
      > Subject: [ANE-2] Like Women for Children
      > To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      > Cc: Pandorastudies@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 7:44 PM
      >

      > Greetings, All,
      >
      > Does anyone on the list know of any Mesopotamian literature,
      > possibly wisdom literature, that advises a son to get a wife for the
      > production of offspring? I am thinking here of an equivalent to the
      > opening of the Egyptian "Instruction of Any." Any references or
      > bibliography would be most appreciated.
      >
      > Many thanks in advance!
      > Stephanie Budin
      >
      > "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
      > enlightenment!" -Tachikoma

      "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
      enlightenment!" -Tachikoma
    • Antonio Lombatti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
        ... found in Jordan by archaeologists of the Rome University "La
        Sapienza". The report is only in Italian, but I'm sure it will be soon
        translated in English:

        http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/cronaca/2010/06/09/visualizza_new.html_1820726997.html

        Antonio Lombatti