Re: [ANE-2] Like Women for Children

  • itamar singer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
      Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but have a look at the Hittite Illuyanka myth, the second version.
      Itamar Singer

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
        Actually, this fits in perfectly for what I need. Thank you very
        much for the reference!

        -Stephanie

        Quoting itamar singer <singer_itamar@...>:

        > Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but have a look at the
        > Hittite Illuyanka myth, the second version.
        > Itamar Singer
        >
        > --- On Sun, 6/6/10, sbudin@...
        > <sbudin@...> wrote:
        >

        > From: sbudin@... <sbudin@...>
        > Subject: [ANE-2] Like Women for Children
        > To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
        > Cc: Pandorastudies@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 7:44 PM
        >

        > Greetings, All,
        >
        > Does anyone on the list know of any Mesopotamian literature,
        > possibly wisdom literature, that advises a son to get a wife for the
        > production of offspring? I am thinking here of an equivalent to the
        > opening of the Egyptian "Instruction of Any." Any references or
        > bibliography would be most appreciated.
        >
        > Many thanks in advance!
        > Stephanie Budin
        >
        > "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
        > enlightenment!" -Tachikoma

        "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
        enlightenment!" -Tachikoma
      • Antonio Lombatti
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
          ... found in Jordan by archaeologists of the Rome University "La
          Sapienza". The report is only in Italian, but I'm sure it will be soon
          translated in English:

          http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/cronaca/2010/06/09/visualizza_new.html_1820726997.html

          Antonio Lombatti