Like Women for Children

  • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
      Greetings, All,

      Does anyone on the list know of any Mesopotamian literature,
      possibly wisdom literature, that advises a son to get a wife for the
      production of offspring? I am thinking here of an equivalent to the
      opening of the Egyptian "Instruction of Any." Any references or
      bibliography would be most appreciated.

      Many thanks in advance!
      Stephanie Budin

      "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
      enlightenment!" -Tachikoma
    • Antonio Lombatti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
        3,500-year-old rare objects. Details here:

        http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137920

        Antonio Lombatti

        ----------------------------------
        http://www.antoniolombatti.it

      • itamar singer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
          Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but have a look at the Hittite Illuyanka myth, the second version.
          Itamar Singer

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
            Actually, this fits in perfectly for what I need. Thank you very
            much for the reference!

            -Stephanie

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2010
              ... found in Jordan by archaeologists of the Rome University "La
              Sapienza". The report is only in Italian, but I'm sure it will be soon
              translated in English:

              http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/cronaca/2010/06/09/visualizza_new.html_1820726997.html

              Antonio Lombatti