Noah's ark- for the record

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2010
      For those of us living here, in the "Holy Land', working in archaeology, one never ceases to see the cons, scams, get rich schemes from all parties in the name of religion. Lately I've been following the latest ark scam, which has been going on for decades and remember one of the times that I met Ron Wyatt from WAR. He came to the museum where I was curator of collections for 25 yrs with a group of men asking to see the director. As he didn't have an appointment the secretary asked me to speak with them. I asked them why they, unannounced, wished to meet with the director and they told me that they had just  discovered Noah's ark in Turkey. As I had met a few others along the way conning people with this ark stuff I asked to see the proof. He immediately pulled out a black and white photo showing what looked like a rock cliff and asked, what do you see ? I looked at it closely and replied 'all I can see is that someone took a ballpoint pen and drew a
      photo of a ship on the rock face'. They replied, in that charming TN accent 'well, it's a bit hard to see so we'all took a ball point pen and highlighted it for 'y'all. I was thinking of replying that 'I ain't as dumb as I look, but they didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor, so I just left it and told them to make an appt but don't bet the farm that he will see you.  So what we are now seeing here is just a continuation of these get rich quick scams perpetuated by a handful of individuals over 4 decades under the guise of religion,  funded by hard working folks from VA, TN and from around the world, including EU and AU. All looking for signs and wonders which for a few are $ign$ and wonder$ including  staff from the Creationist universities. Money would be better spent on the 'blind, the lame and the halt.

      Joe

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem