SV: [ANE-2] independence holidays

  • Thomas L. Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2010
      Dear Frank,
      Exodus 12--though I doubt whether this or 1 Maccabbees 13 happened, as you say, "in history."

      Thomas

      Thomas L. Thompson
      Professor emeritus, University of Copenhagen

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2010
        Dear Tom - Exodus 12 is not much help to me. I believe the book of Exodus was created after Ben Sira and I belive Ben Sira should not be dated earlier than c. 130 BCE, so I would date Exodus to several decades after 141 BCE. Alas and alack!

        Frank Clancy
        Waterloo Canada.

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas L. Thompson" <tlt@...> wrote:

        > Dear Frank,
        > Exodus 12--though I doubt whether this or 1 Maccabbees 13 happened, as you say, "in history."
        >
        > Thomas
        >
        > Thomas L. Thompson
        > Professor emeritus, University of Copenhagen

      • zmbq
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2010
          Thomas,

          Could you please elaborate on what it is you doubt? The existence of the Hasmonian State, or the celebration?

          Itay Zandbank
          Israel