Figurines from Tchoga Zanbil

  • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2010
      Greetings, All,

      Does anyone on the list know if the Bronze Age, anthropomorphic,
      terracotta figurines from Tchoga Zanbil were every published, and, if
      so, where? I am having no luck finding any bibliography on this topic.

      Many thanks in advance,
      Stephanie Budin
    • Trudy Kawami
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2010
        Stephanie,

        Roman Ghirshman held the Tchoga Zanbil material very closely, and does
        not seem to have been interested in "minor arts." Your best bet would
        be to contact the Dept des Antiquites Orientales at the Louvre to see
        what is stored there. (The TZ material that left Iran went there.) It is
        always impressive what gets dug up and never published!

        Trudy Kawami

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2010
          Ah. This would explain the trouble in finding bibliography.
          Thank you so much for the info.; I can work with this.

          Stephanie Budin

          Quoting Trudy Kawami <tkawami@...>:

          > Stephanie,
          >
          > Roman Ghirshman held the Tchoga Zanbil material very closely, and does
          > not seem to have been interested in "minor arts." Your best bet would
          > be to contact the Dept des Antiquites Orientales at the Louvre to see
          > what is stored there. (The TZ material that left Iran went there.) It is
          > always impressive what gets dug up and never published!
          >
          > Trudy Kawami

          "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
          enlightenment!" -Tachikoma