Re: [ANE-2] A pre-dynastic Egyptian king uncovered; apologies

  • Robert M Whiting
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2010
      On Sat, 3 Apr 2010, eliot braun wrote:

      > My apologies to one and all; I hope I've not offended any list members.
      >
      > But it was April 1 and the mood came over me. There is no such king nor
      > any such serekh, although I admit that in my original posting I added a
      > photo of a sherd I incised post firing with an image of two pairs of
      > raised hands; the list administrators removed it.
      <snip>

      This is categorically false. As noted in the list protocols, *all*
      attachments are removed by the yahoo groups listserver before a submitted
      posting is seen by the moderators. You may have been puzzled by the
      notice "[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]" that
      appears at the end of each message. This is a notice inserted by the
      listserver at yahoo groups and indicates that any attachments have been
      removed.

      New members (and apparently even those who have been members for four
      years) should be aware that *any* attempt to post an attachment to a
      message will automatically fail. This is not a matter of the action of
      the moderators but is a result of the list configuration.

      If you have a file or image that you would like list members to see for
      some reason, either post it on a web server that you have access to or
      make arrangements with one of the moderators to post it on the group's
      "Photos" or "Files" page and then link to it in your message.

      Bob Whiting
      whiting@...