Sad News: Samuel M. Paley

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      Sam Paley died yesterday in New York. With permission I rely the following:
      [Chuck Jones NY]

      Dear Family and Friends,

      Sam passed from this world peacefully this afternoon. He has been surrounded by all who loved him -
      his family, friends and colleagues. He has been present with us during these last few days as we
      all said goodbye. It has been a very special time.

      I hope you will be able to attend his funeral service at the Central Synagogue at East 55th St. and
      Lexington Avenue, New York City, on Friday, April 2 at 9:30 a.m. Burial will be at the Lindwood
      Cemetery, 497 North St. Randolph, MA.

      There will be a bus to take all who would like to attend the burial and the reception afterwards at
      the Harvard Club, 374 Commonwealth Avenue in Back Bay, Boston. The reception will begin at 5:30 p.m.
      Please let Ranne Warner know if you would like to join us on the bus. The bus will depart from the
      Central Synagogue directly after the service and return to the Synagogue Friday evening.

      In lieu of flowers, we are asking people to make contributions in honor of Samuel M. Paley to
      Memorial Sloan-Kettering to support the ongoing brain cancer research of Ingo Mellinghoff, MD.
      Checks should be made payable to Memorial Sloan Kettering, with a notation for Samuel M. Paley/Ingo
      Mellinghoff and mailed to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Attn: Development Office, 1275
      York Avenue, New York, NY 10065.

      The family will sit Shiva beginning Tuesday, April 6th at 425 East 58th Street, Apt. 5E through
      Thursday, April 8th. During Passover, the family will be at home and will receive guests.

      If you have any questions, please contact Ranne Warner at 617-680-2888 or
      rpwarner@....