Re: [ANE-2] Ugaritic Data Bank online?

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
      Logos has a very nice collection of Ugaritic materials including all the
      texts as well as other things for around $350

      http://www.logos.com/products/details/2954

      it's very useful.

      On 3/18/2010 10:47 AM, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:
      > On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Rick Wadholm Jr. wrote:
      >
      >> I'm writing to inquire if anyone knows were the Ugaritic Data Bank has been relocated since I can't seem to open it up online?
      >> I noted a post in the B-Hebrew mailing list where a link was posted but it fails to open.
      >>
      > Sometimes, if you have an old link, you can try it using the Way Back
      > Machine - http://www.archive.org/
      >
      > I posted a link on Canaanite list with the new relocation:
      >
      > Unfortunately, the new links for the actual UDB TEXTS pdf fail. The
      > concordance works ok.
      >
      > You can also buy the texts for a small fee of around $700 at
      > http://www.gorgiaspress.com/bookshop/pc-248-62-cunchillos-j-l-the-texts-of-the-ugaritic-data-bank.aspx
      +++++++
      Jim West, ThD
    • Yitzhak Sapir
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
        On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jim West wrote:
        > Logos has a very nice collection of Ugaritic materials including all the
        > texts as well as other things for around $350
        >
        > http://www.logos.com/products/details/2954
        >
        > it's very useful.

        Hello Jim,

        Could you tell me please if the Ugaritic texts listed in the link you provided:
        The Texts of the Ugaritic Data Bank

        * Jesús-Luis Cunchillos, Juan-Pablo Vita and José-Ángel Zamora, eds.

        contain the following text:

        Los autores son firmantes de la convención de Budapest por la difusión
        gratuita de la
        ciencia. El usuario de esta distribución gratuita se obliga a citar la
        obra cada vez que la
        utilice.

        ?

        Yitzhak Sapir
      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
          nope

          On 3/18/2010 1:11 PM, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:
          > Hello Jim,
          >
          > Could you tell me please if the Ugaritic texts listed in the link you provided:
          > The Texts of the Ugaritic Data Bank
          >
          > * Jesús-Luis Cunchillos, Juan-Pablo Vita and José-Ángel Zamora, eds.
          >
          > contain the following text:
          >
          > Los autores son firmantes de la convención de Budapest por la difusión
          > gratuita de la
          > ciencia. El usuario de esta distribución gratuita se obliga a citar la
          > obra cada vez que la
          > utilice.
          >
          > ?
          >
          > Yitzhak Sapir

          +++++++
          Jim West, ThD
        • George F Somsel
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
            If it does, I haven't found it.
             george
            gfsomsel

            … search for truth, hear truth,
            defend the truth till death.

            - Jan Hus
            _________

            ________________________________
            On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jim West wrote:
            > Logos has a very nice collection of Ugaritic materials including all the
            > texts as well as other things for around $350
            >
            > http://www.logos com/products/ details/2954
            >
            > it's very useful.

            Hello Jim,

            Could you tell me please if the Ugaritic texts listed in the link you provided:
            The Texts of the Ugaritic Data Bank

            * Jesús-Luis Cunchillos, Juan-Pablo Vita and José-Ángel Zamora, eds.

            contain the following text:

            Los autores son firmantes de la convención de Budapest por la difusión
            gratuita de la
            ciencia. El usuario de esta distribución gratuita se obliga a citar la
            obra cada vez que la
            utilice.

            ?

            Yitzhak Sapir

          • David Lorton
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2010
              For the few list members who might not be able to read the brief text in question, here's a rendering:

              The authors are signatories of the Budapest convention for the free dissemination of science. Anyone using this free edition is obliged to cite the work each time he or she uses it.

              David Lorton