Re: [ANE-2] Jerusalem after Hadrian

  • Sam WOLFF
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2010
      I was a Field Supervisor (one of several) in the Shuafat excavation.
      Although this is not my period of specialization, I was convinced that the
      site, which apparently dates after the fall of Jerusalem and before Bar
      Kokhba, was a Jewish, or at least partially a Jewish site: note the presence
      of miqvaot, stone vessels, etc. As for it having been a wealthy settlement,
      in one of my fields we exposed a bath complex (caldarium, mosaic floors,
      etc.) which does support such a conclusion.

      Rachel Bar Natan (IAA) is currently writing up the final report of this
      important excavation.

      Sam Wolff