Seals and Status in Akkad and Ur III

  • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 7:07 AM
      Greetings, All,

      What levels of society made use of cylinder seals in the Akkad and
      Ur III periods? It clearly went up to royalty, and thus the highest
      levels, but how far down did the use come? Literacy was not
      necessary, but I imagine a certain amount of wealth was. Any
      bibliography or suggestions would be most welcomed.

      Many thanks in advance,
      Stephanie Budin
      Rutgers University, Camden

      "Maybe we can link up with someone who's meditating and download
      enlightenment!" -Tachikoma