Re: Mesopotamian Geographical Texts

  • theodc25
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      For some reason the original message wasn't sent through.

      Basically I was wondering if there are any Assyrian, Babylonian, or Persian texts dealing with the geography, cities, etc of central Jordan (similar to the Nabonidus campaign through southern Jordan and Arabia)? I am doing my dissertation on a site just north of Amman called Tall Safut. Since the ancient name of the site isn't known I'm trying to cover all my bases in searching for any ancient clues to the site id.

      Thanks, Owen Chesnut
      PhD Candidate
      Andrews University