[ANE-2] Xerxes, intercalary months

  • Rolf Furuli
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2010
      Dear colleagues,

      I am doing some work in connection with the chronology of the
      Achamenid kings. Regarding Xerxes, I am aware of an intercalary Ululu
      in his 2nd and 21st year, but some of the intercalary months between
      these seem to be rather uncertain. I have read the chapter of Walker
      "Achamenid chronology and the Babylonian sources" (1988). Do you know
      of any newer research, finds, or sources that may throw light on the
      intercalary months of Xerxes?

      Best regards,

      Rolf Furuli Ph.D
      University of Oslo