Archaeology Research Day 2010

  • societystudyegyptianantiquities
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2010
      I thought this message might be of interest to those in the Toronto
      area.

      I have highlighted those presentations which deal with the Ancient
      Mediterranean, including Egypt and the Bronze Age Aegean. It is being
      sent as a courtesy to the Archaeology Centre

      L. Green, SSEA

      From: Archaeology Centre <r.nero@... <mailto:r.nero@...>

      Date: February 21, 2010 1:39:07 PM GMT-05:00
      To: ARCHAEOLOGY-L@...
      <mailto:ARCHAEOLOGY-L@...>
      Subject: Archaeology Research Day Program
      <mailto:r.nero@...> >

      The Archaeology Centre
      at the University of Toronto

      Archaeology Research Day 2010
      Koffler House, 569 Spadina Ave., Room 108
      February 26

      10:00-10:15 Welcome

      10:15-10:30 Genevieve Dewar Adaptations to marginal environments in the
      Middle Stone Age

      10:30-10:45 Jill Hilditch Talking pots and white dots: island
      interactions
      in the Middle Bronze Age Aegean

      10:45-11:00 Amy Barron Assyrian Weapons of the First Millennium BCE

      11:00-11:15 Break

      11:15-11:30 Sally Stewart Mastering the unknown: How early settlers in
      Cyprus mapped new landscapes and key resources

      11:30-11:4 Sarah Finkelstein Paleoclimate records from the Canadian
      Arctic

      11:45-12:00 Ingrid Hehmeyer Current fieldwork in Yemen: Water and waste
      in
      the medieval Islamic city

      12:00-12:15 Victor Ostapchuk Historical Archaeology at Akkerman Fortress
      (Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky, Ukraine)

      12:15-1:30 Lunch

      1:30-1:45 Joe Deloges River (In)Stability and Middle-to-Late Holocene
      Floodplain Occupation in Southern Ontario

      1:45-2:00 Alice Yao Shellmounds and Imperial Cities: Archaeological
      Survey
      in Southwestern Yunnan, China

      2:00-2:15 Jennifer Campbell Three Dimensional Modeling, Architectural
      Analysis, and the Caravanserai Networks Project

      2:15-2:30 Catherin Duff Egyptian Imperialism in the Central Hill
      Country:
      Ceramic Continuity and Change

      2:30-2:45 Break

      2:45-3:00 Chris Watts Keeping Animals in Mind: Personhood and
      Relationality
      in Iroquoian Animal Effigy Pipes

      3:00-3:15 Ramez Boutros Excavating the Monastery of Saint Apollo, Bawit,
      Middle Egypt

      3:15-3:30 Robert Mason An Enigmatic Arrangement of Rocks in the Syrian
      Desert

      3:30 –3:45 Tim Harrison Tablets, Temples, and Assyrian Imperialism
      at Tell
      Tayinat

      3:45-4:00 Final Remarks