Re: [ANE-2] Eisenbrauns Valentine's Day contest results

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
      Vide infra.

      In Hebrew and Ugaritic, actually.

      >Third Prize and a $25.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      >Rosa Hunt with a Syriac poem
      >
      >Second Prize and a $50.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      >Max Roglund with a Hebrew poem entitled "The Song of the Four Locusts"
      >complete with translator's footnote
      >
      >And, finally, First Prize and a $75.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      >Olivier Lauffenburger with an Old Babylonian Love Poem

      With photograph, handcopy, transliteration, and translation.
    • James Spinti
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
        Peter is correct, of course. The discourse is in Ugaritic and Hebrew; my bad--Dennis Pardee would have my head :)

        James

        James Spinti
        Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
        jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com