Eisenbrauns Valentine's Day contest results

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
      With apologies for the cross-posting.

      The results of our third annual Valentine's day contest are in!
      Our judge and webmaster has made his final decisions; it's too
      late to bribe with chocolate, hot peppers, etc. The entries this
      year, as always, reflected a good deal of thought and talent.
      You can see the results here:
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/VDAY2010

      The results this year:
      Honorable Mention:
      Houria Lauffenburger, with a cuneiform heart
      B.C. Hodge with a dialog between Gerlab and Helomatt
      (in Hebrew and Akkadian, no less)

      Third Prize and a $25.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      Rosa Hunt with a Syriac poem

      Second Prize and a $50.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      Max Roglund with a Hebrew poem entitled "The Song of the Four Locusts"
      complete with translator's footnote

      And, finally, First Prize and a $75.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
      Olivier Lauffenburger with an Old Babylonian Love Poem

      Congratulations to our winners, and thanks to all who entered. Those of
      you who procrastinated now have a head start on next year. I know there
      are a lot of talented people out there; don't you want fame and glory
      (and an Eisenbrauns gift certificate)?

      James
      ________________________________
      James Spinti
      Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
      jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
      Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
      Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
      Fax: 574-269-6788
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
        Vide infra.

        In Hebrew and Ugaritic, actually.

        >Third Prize and a $25.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
        >Rosa Hunt with a Syriac poem
        >
        >Second Prize and a $50.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
        >Max Roglund with a Hebrew poem entitled "The Song of the Four Locusts"
        >complete with translator's footnote
        >
        >And, finally, First Prize and a $75.00 Eisenbrauns gift certificate:
        >Olivier Lauffenburger with an Old Babylonian Love Poem

        With photograph, handcopy, transliteration, and translation.
      • James Spinti
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
          Peter is correct, of course. The discourse is in Ugaritic and Hebrew; my bad--Dennis Pardee would have my head :)

          James