Marashi Talk: Imagining Hafez; Wed. Feb. 24th, 2010, 4pm; UC Berkeley

  • jeanjzli@berkeley.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      Please join us for our next Memory and Identity Working Group, University
      of California, Berkeley meeting:

      Wednesday February 24th, 2010 4 pm 254 Barrows Hall

      Imagining Hafez: Rabindranath Tagore in Iran, 1932

      Talk by Afshin Marashi, Associate Professor, Department of History,
      California State University,Sacramento

      Discussants:

      Kareem Abu-Zeid, Graduate Student, Department of Comparative Literature

      Kevin Schwartz, Graduate Student, Department of Near Eastern Studies

      This talk is the part of the Memory and Identity Working Group
      lecture series.

      Memory and Identity Working Group meetings are designed to encourage
      dialogue across the department's diverse traditions.

      Event Contact: Benjamin Porter, Assistant Professor of Near Eastern
      Archaeology, Department of Near Eastern Studies,
      bwporter@..., 510-642-7794, or visit http://berkeleymemoryid.com/

      Jean Li, C.Phil.
      Egyptian Art and Archaeology, Department of Near Eastern Studies
      University of California, Berkeley
      jeanjzli@...