Re: [ANE-2] Question on a Alster's Proverbs of Ancient Sumer

  • victor avigdor hurowitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
      volumes one and two were published together because 2 is a commentary on
      1. In addition you should note the very important sequels
      Alster, Wisdom of Ancient Sumer and Alster, Sumerian Proverbs in the
      Schoyen Collection. All the volumes are CDL Press and all in the wonderful
      format of that press.
      Victor Hurowitz
      BGU

      On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Michael Matsko wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I recently obtained Volume 1 of Bendt Alster's Proverbs of Ancient Sumer. Amazon, along with a few others, says that it is supposed to be 2 volumes. However, most references to the book only mention one volume. Can anyone tell me if Volume 2 was ever published? Thanks.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Michael Matsko
      > Arlington, VA

    • Michael Matsko