[ANE-2] Question on a Alster's Proverbs of Ancient Sumer

  • Michael Matsko
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
      All,

      I recently obtained Volume 1 of Bendt Alster's Proverbs of Ancient Sumer. Amazon, along with a few others, says that it is supposed to be 2 volumes. However, most references to the book only mention one volume. Can anyone tell me if Volume 2 was ever published? Thanks.

      Sincerely,
      Michael Matsko
      Arlington, VA

    • victor avigdor hurowitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
        volumes one and two were published together because 2 is a commentary on
        1. In addition you should note the very important sequels
        Alster, Wisdom of Ancient Sumer and Alster, Sumerian Proverbs in the
        Schoyen Collection. All the volumes are CDL Press and all in the wonderful
        format of that press.
        Victor Hurowitz
        BGU

        On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Michael Matsko wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > I recently obtained Volume 1 of Bendt Alster's Proverbs of Ancient Sumer. Amazon, along with a few others, says that it is supposed to be 2 volumes. However, most references to the book only mention one volume. Can anyone tell me if Volume 2 was ever published? Thanks.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Michael Matsko
        > Arlington, VA

      • Michael Matsko