Re: [ANE-2] Gesenius conference

    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 26, 2010
      I wish I could be there! A very handsome poster is shown at the first link, and an entire week of papers at the second!

      As a side note, Rudolf Meyer told me that ca. 1950 he simultaneously received offers to prepare the new edition of Gesenius's Grammar (thus following on Bergstraesser's unfinished verson) or the new edition of Beer's mini-grammar in the Sammlung Goeschen. He chose the latter -- perhaps as being feasible to complete within a single lifetime -- and by the time he'd done two editions, it had grown from two to four pamphlets and Beer's name appeared only as a historical note in the third edition.