Re: [ANE-2] 10th-C prophet in Judah at Sha`arayim?

  • Sam WOLFF
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
      After having had a quick glance at the newly published report, I can tell you that there is a chapter by H. Misgav on the ostracon, followed by a chapter containing further comments by A. Yardeni. I did not check this, nor does it state so, but I would imagine that these chapters are English translations of their Hebrew articles from the recent Jerusalem conference. I didn't see Demsky and Ahituvs' contributions from the same conference, however.

      In addition, there is a bone report which states that no piggies were found at the site.

      Even though the authors argue in favor of the identification of the site as Sha'arayim, I think you should be less certain in your blog when you discuss this; that is, there are opposing viewpoints (Na'aman, etc.).

      Sam Wolff
      Jerusalem