FW: [anatolian-arch] Archaeological Conference in Izmir

  • Lisbeth S. Fried
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2009
      FYI,
      Liz Fried
      Ann Arbor

      -----Original Message-----
      From: anatolian-arch@yahoogroups.com [mailto:anatolian-arch@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Ergun LAFLI
      Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:47 AM
      To: anatolian-arch@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [anatolian-arch] Archaeological Conference in Izmir

      Dear Colleagues,

      A new conference series, entitled New Developments in Anatolian
      Archaeology, a joint project by myself and Prof. Binnur GURLER as well as
      French Cultural Center in Izmir will have a start on 6th of January, 2010.
      On 6th of January, 2010 as the first speaker of our conference series
      Colloquia Anatolica et Aegaea: Colloquia Symrnensia, the French Cultural
      Center at Izmir as well as Dokuz Eylul University is welcoming Prof. Altan
      CILINGIROGLU for a lecture, entitled A New Insight to Urartian Art in the
      Light of Ayanis Excavations. The lecture will be given at 7.00 pm
      at the Conference Hall of the French Cultural Institute in Pasaport, in
      downtown
      Izmir. These conferences are free, and all interested in Anatolian
      archaeology is
      welcome! No former reservation is required. For those interested to come,
      for bus schedules or road description please contact: <elafli@...>.
      The organizers seek to widen participation at this conference, and would
      like to encourage colleagues from all parts of the world to attend. The
      conference committee kindly requests that you alert any persons within
      your research community who would be interested in participating at this
      conference, either by forwarding our e-mail, or by printing this mail and
      displaying it in your institution.
      We hope that you will be able to join us at Dokuz Eylul University, and
      look forward to seeing you in Izmir!
      Happy new years!

      Doc. Dr. Ergun Lafli

      Dokuz Eylul Universitesi