reaction to city walls?

  • Lisbeth S. Fried
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2009
      Dear All,

      I'm wondering if there are any reports in antiquity of the reaction of
      neighboring towns when another town erects a city wall?

      Is this usually met with hostility, indifference, or what? Are there any
      reports of this nature in contemporary texts?

      Thanks for any help. Apologies for cross-posting.

      All the best,

      Liz

      Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.

      Visiting Scholar

      Department of Near Eastern Studies

      and the Frankel Center for Judaic Studies

      University of Michigan

      202 S. Thayer -- Room 4111

      Ann Arbor, MI 48104

      www.lizfried.com