SBL Session on 1st Esdras --trying again

  • Lisbeth S. Fried
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2009
      Sorry for all the garbage in the previous message.

      I’d like to call your attention to a session on 1st Esdras that
      unfortunately did not make it into the program book that was mailed to you.
      My apologies for cross-posting.
      Please forward to all who may be interested.
      Liz Fried
      University of Michigan.

      First Esdras
      11/21/2009
      4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
      Room: Regent - MR
      Juha Pakkala, University of Helsinki, Presiding (10 min)

      Kristin De Troyer, St. Andrews University
      "The Second Year of Darius" and the Relation between 1 Esdras and
      Ezra-Nehemiah (30 min)

      Kyong-Jin Lee, Yale University
      The Wise Courtier and God's Protective Wall: Finding the Textual
      Relationship between 1 Esdras and Ezra-Nehemiah (30 min)

      Deirdre Fulton, Pennsylvania State University, University Park and Gary
      Knoppers, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
      Lower Criticism and Higher Criticism: The Case of 1 Esdras (30 min)

      Sylvie Honigman, Tel Aviv University
      The function of the documents (lists and official letters) in 1Esdras and
      Ezra (30 min)

      Gary Knoppers, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
      First Edsras at Rome (20 min)

      Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.
      Department of Near Eastern Studies
      and the Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
      University of Michigan
      202 S. Thayer -- Room 4111
      Ann Arbor, MI 48104
      www.lizfried.com