New Book

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2009
      Dear Colleagues,
        I am very pleased to announce a new IAA publication. I assume it can be obtained directly from the IAA or through its distributors.

      Salvage Excavations at Tel Moza: The Bronze and Iron Age Settlements and Later Occupations

      Zvi Greenhut and Alon de Groot

      IAA Reports 39

      Ch. 1: Introduction: Z. Greenhut and Eldad Barzilay
      Ch. 2: The Excavations—Stratigraphy and Architecture: Z. Greenhut
      Ch. 3: The Pottery—Zvi Greenhut and Alon de Groot
      Volume Estimation of Four Iron Age Holemouth Jars: Elena Zapassky
      Ch. 4: The Iron Age Clay Figurines and a Possible Scale Weight: Marie Petersson-Solimany and Raz Kletter
      Ch.5: Glyptics, Impressed and Incised Sherds, and Engraved Inscriptions: Baruch Brandl, Zvi Greenhut and Daniel Vainstub
                  A conoid Stamp Seal: Baruch Brandl
                  A Scaraboid Stamp Seal: Zvi Greenhut
                  Impressed and Incised Sherds: Zvi Greenhut
                  Engraved Inscriptions: Daniel Vainstub
      Ch. 6: The Egyptian-Blue Scepter Head: Zvi Greenhut and Irina Segal
      Ch. 7: The Loom Weights: Orit Shamir
                  Some Technical Aspects: Elisheva Kamaiski
      Ch. 8: The Groundstone Assemblage: Anna Eirikh-Rose
      Ch. 9: The Small Finds: Zvi Greenhut
      Ch. 10: The Archaeozoological Remains: Moshe Sade
      Ch. 11: Radiocarbon Dating: Elisabetta Boaretto
      Ch. 12Tel Moza in Context: Zvi Greenhut and Alon de Groot

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

    • Thomas L. Thompson
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 26, 2011
        I am pleased to announce that the latest book of the Copenhagen International Seminar series was published this morning:

        Philippe Wajdenbaum, Argonauts of the Desert: Structural Analysis of the Hebrew Bible (Sheffield: Equinox, 2011) £60.

        Thomas

        Thomas L. Thompson
        General Editor, CIS
        University of Copenhagen
      • eliot braun
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 19, 2014
          Some list members may find this new volume of interest.
          Gideon Avni has written a tome dealing with the Byz-Islamic Transition in Palestine.
          Below is a link to see the cover, etc.

          http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199684335.do