Re: [ANE-2] Re: Request for Assistance

  • Jody Gorran
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2009
      Jeffrey Gibson is correct in his statement that in my paper, Ancient
      Hebrews and Arabia,
      "Israelites, "Hebrews", and Jews are all regarded as
      if they were the same thing."

      I cast a wide net to snare as many references to past research that
      showed a
      "connection" prior to 586 BCE.

      As Yigal Bloch wrote, this is a survey of literature hopefully
      presented in
      such a manner as to encourage current scholarship.

      I leave the opinions to individuals with relevant academic and field
      credentials.
      Email me at jgorran11@... and I'll send you a pdf of the paper.

      By the way, I am a "he".

      Jody A. Gorran

    • Graham Hagens
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009
        --- On Sat, 11/7/09, Jeffrey B. Gibson <jgibson000@...> wrote:

        "But if you read her paper, you will see that it is full of equivocation
        on this point. Israelites, "Hebrews", and Jews are all regarded as
        if they were the same thing"

        Is there any consensus on the "correct" definition or usage of these three terms?

        Graham Hagens