Alphabetical list of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies

  • cejo@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2009
      (with the usual apologies for cross posting)

      In observance of Open Access Week (October 19-23, 2009), I have assembled an alphabetical list of
      all open access journals in Ancient Studies (with some hot pursuit forays into related disciplines)
      cited in AWOL since its beginning in January 2009. All told this is more than two hundred titles - a
      surprisingly large number. It is by no means the full corpus, even assuming such a corpus could be
      put together. For many more, search the phrase "open access journal" in Abzu
      (http://www.etana.org/abzu/), and see what you find.

      http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/alphabetical-list-of-open-access.html

      You can get the AWOL newsfeeds in your reader or by email
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/Awol-TheAncientWorldOnline

      -Chuck Jones-
      New York
    • Charles E. Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
        [With the usual apology for cross-posting]

        Alphabetical list of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies

        In observance of Open Access Week 2009 (October 19-23),I first
        assembled an alphabetical list of all open access journals in
        Ancient Studies (with some hot pursuit forays into related
        disciplines) cited in AWOL (ISSN 2156-2253) since its
        beginning in January 2009. At that time the list included more
        than two hundred titles - a surprisingly large number I
        thought at the time. In a effort to make the List canonical
        and comprehensive, I began adding additional journals in
        groups of twenty. All of these have been accessible via Abzu
        (http://www.etana.org/abzu/) for varying lengths of time. This
        process offered me the opportunity to verify all the links and
        repair the broken ones. On February 17, 2010 the list reached
        six hundred titles, and the post date was updated. On July 7,
        2010 the list reached seven hundred titles, and the post date
        was updated again.

        I hope that users of the list will offer suggestions for
        correction of errors and addition of new titles in the comment
        field available at the bottom of the posting.

        http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2009/10/alphabetical-list-of-open-access.html

        You can subscribe to email updates to AWOL using the form on
        the right side of that page.

        -Chuck Jones-
        ISAW - NYU