New books from Eisenbrauns

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2009
      With apologies for the cross-posting.

      Eisenbrauns is pleased to announce the inauguration of a new series: "Siphrut: Literature and Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures." Siphrut will publish both mature monographs and volumes of collected essays that are concerned with interpreting the literature of the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible and discussing its theology. Volumes within the series may employ traditional critical methods or more modern literary approaches to the biblical text; they may discuss the theology and ethics of the biblical writers and books within their ancient context, or as the Hebrew Scriptures have been received. Volumes that address the integration of the disciplines of literature and theology are particularly welcome. Two volumes in Siphrut have just been published: Mark J. Boda: "A Severe Mercy: Sin and Its Remedy in the Old Testament"; and Joel N. Lohr: "Chosen and Unchosen: Concepts of Election in the Pentateuch and Jewish-Christian Interpretation."

      The new series is edited by Stephen Chapman (Duke University), Tremper Longman III (Westmont College), and Nathan MacDonald (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen/University of St Andrews). Manuscript proposals that accord with the scope of the series are welcomed (please see: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/PUBPOLICY for submission information).

      "A Severe Mercy: Sin and Its Remedy in the Old Testament"
      by Mark J. Boda
      Siphrut: Literature and Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures 1
      Eisenbrauns, 2009. Cloth. English.
      ISBN: 9781575061641
      List Price: $59.50 Your Price: $53.55
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BODSEVERE

      "Chosen and Unchosen: Conceptions of Election in the Pentateuch and Jewish-Christian Interpretation"
      by Joel N. Lohr
      Siphrut: Literature and Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures 2
      Eisenbrauns, 2009. Cloth. English.
      ISBN: 9781575061719
      List Price: $39.50 Your Price: $35.55
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/LOHCHOSEN

      And, the first book in our new JTI Supplement series:
      "Irenaeus and Genesis: A Study of Competition in Early Christian Hermeneutics"
      by Thomas Holsinger-Friesen
      Journal of Theological Interpretation Supplements - JTISup 1
      Eisenbrauns, 2009. Paper. English.
      ISBN: 9781575067001
      List Price: $34.95 Your Price: $31.46
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/HOLIRENAE
    • James Spinti
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2011
        Eisenbrauns is pleased to announce the publication of 4 new books that
        are relevant to the subscribers of this list:

        A quality Eisenbrauns paperback at an affordable price:
        "'The Right Chorale:' Studies in Biblical Law and Interpretation"
        by Bernard M. Levinson
        Eisenbrauns, 2011. Paper. English.
        ISBN: 9781575062105
        List Price: $49.50 Your Price: $44.55

        "Judah and the Judeans in the Achaemenid Period: Negotiating
        Identity in an International Context"
        Edited by Oded Lipschits, Gary N. Knoppers, and Manfred Oeming
        Eisenbrauns, 2011. Cloth. English.
        ISBN: 9781575061979
        List Price: $64.50 Your Price: $58.05

        "The Royal Inscriptions of Esarhaddon, King of Assyria (680-669 BC)"
        by Erle Leichty
        Royal Inscriptions of the Neo-Assyrian Period - RINAP 4
        Eisenbrauns, 2011. Cloth. English.
        ISBN: 9781575062099
        List Price: $89.50 Your Price: $80.55

        "Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 15: Joci-Kasgari- Sa'd-al-Din"
        Edited by Ehsan Yarshater
        Encyclopaedia Iranica Volume - EI 15
        Encyclopaedia Iranica Foundation, 2011. Cloth. English.
        ISBN: 9781934283295
        Your Price: $250.00

        You can see these and other new releases at this location:
        http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/NEWNOTES

        Enjoy!
        James
        ________________________________
        James Spinti
        Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
        jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
        Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
        Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
        Fax: 574-269-6788
      • James Spinti
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2011
          Eisenbrauns is pleased to announce the publication of four books, 2 new and 2 reprints:

          Yahweh's Coming of Age
          by Jason Bembry
          Eisenbrauns, 2011
          List Price: $39.50
          Your Price: $35.55
          You save: $3.95 (10%)
          Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BEMYAHWEH

          Reconsidering the Concept of Revolutionary Monotheism
          Edited by Beate Pongratz-Leisten
          Eisenbrauns, 2011
          List Price: $54.50
          Your Price: $49.05
          You save: $5.45 (10%)
          Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/PONRECONS

          Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography
          by Wayne Horowitz
          Second printing with correction of 1998 edition.
          Mesopotamian Civilizations - MC 8
          Eisenbrauns, 2011
          List Price: $59.50
          Your Price: $53.55
          You save: $5.95 (10%)
          Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/HORMESOPO
          If you own the first edition, you may download the changes and addenda here:
          http://www.eisenbrauns.com/assets/errata/Horowitz-MesCiv8_2ndprt_changes.pdf

          From the Rivers of Babylon to the Highlands of Judah
          Collected Studies on the Restoration Period
          by Sara Japhet
          Second printing, 2011
          Eisenbrauns, 2006
          List Price: $54.50
          Your Price: $49.05
          You save: $5.45 (10%)
          Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/JAPFROMTH

          Enjoy!
          James
          ________________________________
          James Spinti
          Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
          jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
          Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
          Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
          Fax: 574-269-6788
        • Joseph Elacqua
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2011
            Mr. Spinti,

            Thank you for making the corrections for Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography
            available. They will be extremely useful.

            -- Joseph P. Elacqua
            Columbia University

            On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM, James Spinti <jspinti@...>wrote:

            >> Eisenbrauns is pleased to announce the publication of four books, 2 new
            >> and 2 reprints:
            >>
            >> Yahweh's Coming of Age
            >> by Jason Bembry
            >> Eisenbrauns, 2011
            >> List Price: $39.50
            >> Your Price: $35.55
            >> You save: $3.95 (10%)
            >> Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BEMYAHWEH
            >>
            >> Reconsidering the Concept of Revolutionary Monotheism
            >> Edited by Beate Pongratz-Leisten
            >> Eisenbrauns, 2011
            >> List Price: $54.50
            >> Your Price: $49.05
            >> You save: $5.45 (10%)
            >> Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/PONRECONS
            >>
            >> Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography
            >> by Wayne Horowitz
            >> Second printing with correction of 1998 edition.
            >> Mesopotamian Civilizations - MC 8
            >> Eisenbrauns, 2011
            >> List Price: $59.50
            >> Your Price: $53.55
            >> You save: $5.95 (10%)
            >> Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/HORMESOPO
            >> If you own the first edition, you may download the changes and addenda
            >> here:
            >>
            >> http://www.eisenbrauns.com/assets/errata/Horowitz-MesCiv8_2ndprt_changes.pdf
            >>
            >> From the Rivers of Babylon to the Highlands of Judah
            >> Collected Studies on the Restoration Period
            >> by Sara Japhet
            >> Second printing, 2011
            >> Eisenbrauns, 2006
            >> List Price: $54.50
            >> Your Price: $49.05
            >> You save: $5.45 (10%)
            >> Permanent link: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/JAPFROMTH
            >>
            >> Enjoy!
            >> James
            >> ________________________________
            >> James Spinti
            >> Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
            >> Eisenbrauns, Good books for more than 35 years
            >> Specializing in Ancient Near Eastern and Biblical Studies
            >> jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
            >> Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
            >> Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
            >> Fax: 574-269-6788

          • James Spinti
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2011
              Eisenbrauns is pleased to announce the latest additions to our Mesopotamian Civilizations series:

              Royal Statuary of Early Dynastic Mesopotamia
              by Gianni Marchesi and Nicolo Marchetti
              Mesopotamian Civilizations - MC 14
              Eisenbrauns, 2011
              x + 374 pages including 64 plates
              ISBN: 978-1-57506-173-3
              List Price: $89.50
              Your Price: $80.55
              You save: $8.95 (10%)
              http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/MARROYALS

              The Correspondence of the Kings of Ur
              An Epistolary History of an Ancient Mesopotamian Kingdom
              by Piotr Michalowski
              Mesopotamian Civilizations - MC 15
              Eisenbrauns, 2011
              xxvi + 530 pages, with DVD